​N/R: PONTASS SIX- UNIT DORMITORY BLOCK ENGULFED IN A GORY FIRE OUTBREAK

The Pong Tamale Senior High School has been engulfed with a fire outbreak that was started at about 12:45 pm earlier today.
The cause of the fire outbreak is reported to have been from a coal pot that was in use by a student in one of the dormitories that caught fire when it was hidden form the sight of teachers when the students received intelligence that the teachers were on their way for inspection.

The six uni-block dormitory is a newly constructed structure to house students of the school.

The sad event began when some of the students were getting ready to sit for the Elective Mathematics of the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE).

Philip Ziblim, the Savelugu Municipal Education director together with the Municipal Assembly Coordinating Director have visited the school to have a first hand information about the incident.

The fire is said to have been reported by the Entertainment Prefect of the school when she discovered it upon her return to pick up an item in the dormitory and called for help.

The Savelugu Ghana National Fire Service branch was called to help in putting the two hour burning flames off but succeeded after they had gotten a reinforcement from the regional headquarters.

Properties, both shelter and study materials of the students have been burnt to ashes living them stranded.

Source:ghanaguardian.com

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s