Creating the tone and style of radio output and establishing a relationship with listeners.
Is This Role Right For Me?
To do this role, you will need to:
- have excellent presentation and performance skills
- be able to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences
- understand how to use the voice effectively for radio
- be able to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
- be able to present while operating studio controls and co-ordinating a range of simultaneous technical activities
- be able to communicate knowledgeably and engagingly with audiences
- have excellent communication skills and be able to draw information from people
- be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production
- understand when it is necessary, and how to acquire, the relevant clearances and licences, including copyright and music clearances
- understand the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling – and, ideally, audio editing and image manipulation software
- have knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.